The Mattoon Pride 05 captured the 14-under softball title in the Angels 4 Autism tournament held in Farmington, Missouri, this past weekend.
The Pride defeated the O’Fallon Tomahawks 05, 6-2, in the championship game after having beaten Esprit Metro 06, 6-5, Illinois Esprit, 13-0 and St. Louis Prospects 05, 6-2
Haylee Campbell collected seven hits, ripped a homer, and drove in seven runs during the tournament while Maya Redman scored eight times, rapped six hits and drove in five runs.
Catcher Erin Althoff, meanwhile, threw out four of five runners attempting to steal and added six hits and two RBIs.
Ashlyn Miller struck out 12 to win two games and teammate Liz Enlow allowed just 11 hits and six runs across 14.1 innings to go 2-1.
Some other tourney stats:
• Brooklyn Bender: 2 hits, GW RBI in bracket 1 game
• Abbie Morgan: 2 hits, 4 runs, 3 RBI
• Camryn Lee: 4 hits, 4 runs, 4 RBI,
• Anna Faber: 3 runs, 3 RBI
• Hallee Perry: 3 hits, 2 runs, 2 RBI
• Kaylynn Carey: 3 hits, 2 runs